Stockpiling-- Here are the weekly “best buys” I found for adding to your stockpile. Some of the stores are regional. If you do not have a store listed in your area, or if you do not eat the items mentioned, then consider taking $1-$5 from your weekly grocery budget to use for building your stockpile.
If you find some deals I missed, please post in the comments section. The scenarios are from the websites I’ve linked for the sales and match-ups.
- Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta - $1.19/ea
Use $1/2 here
Final Price = $0.69/ea when you buy 2
- Kellogg's Pop Tarts - $1.25-1.52/ea (price varies by store)
Use $0.75/1 Target coupon here (print 2 if your store will take 2 in one transaction) - exp 9/30!
Use $1/2 in 8/2 Kellogg's insert or $0.55/1 here and in 9/13 Red Plum insert
Final Price = FREE or $0.22-0.27/ea when you buy 2
* Receive $10 back via the Kellogg's Fuel for School Rebate when you purchase 10 of these products in one transaction.
- Kellogg's Whole Grain Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts - $1.52/ea
Use $2/2 in 8/30 Smart Source insert
Use $1/1 Target coupon here (use 2)
Final Price = FREE when you buy 2
- Crystal Light On the Go (3 pks)- $0.99/ea (found in check out lanes)
Use $2/2 in 9/13 Smart Source insert
Final Price = FREE when you buy 2
- Kroger Macaroni & Cheese 7.25 oz .38¢ ea
- Campbell’s Chicken Noodle or Tomato Soup .50¢ ea
-.40/4 Campbell’s Chicken Noodle or Tomato Soups SS 9/13
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix $1 ea
-.50/2 Betty Crocker Cake Mix & Frostings printable
-.50/2 Betty Crocker Cake Mix & Frosting Cellfire eCoupon or Shortcuts eCoupon
- No Yolks Egg Noodles 6 oz $.98 ea
-.50/1 No Yolks SS 3/15 (exp 9/30)
.75 saved for college wyb (1) Upromise eCoupon
Walgreens—Stock up on drug items this week free after coupons and register rewards. Use overage to buy food items.
- Emergen-C Immune System 2 pk (2.5 oz each) $3.49 get $3.50 rr 9/27-10/31
- Halls Refresh Sugar Free 20 ct $1 get $1 RR 9/27-10/31
-$.75 Halls Refresh Hard Candy ss 9/27/09
-$.50 Halls Refresh Hard Candy all you magazine 10/23/09 issue page 151
- Robitussin DM To Go 2 pk $2.49 get $2.50 rr 9/27-11/??
-$2 robitussin, any (internet coupon no longer available)
- Theraflu cold, cough, flu or sinus relief get $4 rr wyb 2/$8
* or get $8 rr wyb 3/$12!
bonus packages w/ 2 extra packets also produce rr's
-$2 Theraflu Healthy Savings Book (will automatically deduct $4 wyb 2, $6 wyb 3)
- Vaseline Sheer Infusion Lotion 6.8 oz $6.99 get $7 RR 9/27-10/31
-$1.50 Vaseline Sheer Infusion and here and here
-$1.25 Vaseline Lotion, Any 200 mL + Except Renewal Or Glow (EXP 9/27/09) 08-02-09 RP or buy this coupon
-$1 Vaseline Sheer Infusion body lotion cvs's reinventing beauty magazine
- Dentek Floss 55 yd or picks 35 ct $2 get $2 RR
-$1 DenTek Floss Picks $2 + may not display for all zip codes, 90210 works
- Chapstick Fresh Effects $2.99 get $3 RR 9/27-10/31
- Gillette Fusion MVP Manual or Power Razor System $8.99 get $6 RR 9/27-10/24
* gillette fusion rr is rolling (you can use it to pay when buying another gillette fusion and a new rr will still print)
-$4 Gillette Fusion Razor 9/27 P&G
- Herbal Essence Hair Care $2.99 get $2 RR
* herbal essence rr is rolling (you can use it to pay when buying more herbal essence and a new rr will still print)
-$1 Herbal Essences Shampoo, Conditioner, Styling Product, or Hair Color 9/13/09 RP or 08-23-09 RP
- Food items and “fillers—Imperial Sugar (4lbs) $1.99 with in store coupon, Planters Peanuts 2/$5 earn $1 RR, 49ct Hershey's Candy with in store ad (use 55ct Reese's coupon to make it free), Butterball chicken broth 2/$1 with in store coupon, Hunts tomato sauce 39cts with in store coupon, Chicken of the Sea tuna 69cts with in store coupon.
Three Rivers Market/Co-op Advantage Stores—(These are good through the end of September. I hope to have the match-ups for October up on the 1st)
Emergency Preparedness—This week I encourage you to have a fire drill at your home. Decide where your family will meet up in the event of a fire—you wouldn’t want someone running back into a burning building to rescue someone who was already outside of the home. Teach even young children where you would meet and how to crawl out of a home to reduce the risk of smoke inhalation. Test your smoke detectors and let the children hear what it would sound like if they were going off. Go to this website for more ideas and steps to take for your fire drill at home.
Food Security—This week I encourage you to find a source for local honey, preferably as close to your home as possible. Honey is the only food that I know of that won’t “go bad”. It might crystallize, but it can still be used. Honey can be used as a sweetener in recipes and also for medicinal purposes. In ancient times it was used as a wound dressing due to its antibacterial properties. It has also been used for skin and hair care for centuries. In addition to finding a source for local honey, I hope you’ll also find some recipes using honey to try this week. Let us know if you find some good ones!