October 25, 2009

Tip of the day

Yesterday I encouraged you to keep track of your holiday spending.  I hope you will also keep track of to whom you give what.  I started keeping a record of this after my sister-in-law informed me with a laugh that I’d given the same gift to my nephew two birthdays in a row.  What can I say?  I really liked that Fischer Price school bus!  We all shared a good laugh, and now I keep track of what I buy, for whom, and how much I spend.  I also record what gifts my husband and I make others (he is a woodworker) and the estimated cost of those items.  You’ll avoid redundancy and make sure that you give a somewhat even amount to others.  I try to keep the amount we spend on our nephews the same because I wouldn’t want one to think that we’d done more than we did for the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment