November 30, 2009

Not sure what the next week holds

Hello everyone.  I’ve debated back and forth with myself about posting this here, but I’ve decided to go on and do so.  Earlier this summer, I asked for your prayers for my grandmother.  She’s been in the hospital for most of the time since I wrote that post but was able to return home for a short time.  (How she loved seeing her cat and being in her own bed!)  My sweet grandmother went to Heaven a few hours ago. 

She was an amazing lady.  Among the many things that I could write about her, she would cut out coupons for me every week and mail them to me from Memphis.  She delighted when I told her all of the things I was able to purchase and all of the supplies we were able to donate for the church because of those coupons.  She loved hearing about all of the people I passed the coupons to and all of the programs she was able to help because of cutting the coupons.  It became her way to help others as much as it was me helping others.  She would often send a dollar to my daughter with the coupons and a note telling her that it was her spending money for when she went shopping with me.  

I still plan to pick the winner of the giveaway on Friday, and I’ll most likely blog a little here and there as a distraction.  Since I do not know what the next few days or weeks hold, though, I hope you will be patient with me.  I encourage you to check the links section of the blog, as there are some amazing bloggers that have great deals regularly posted.  I know they will keep you up to date. 

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. 

6 comments:

  1. Gabrielle...I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your Grandmother. I know how dear our Mamaw's can be. I'm so blessed to be almost 55 years old and still have one of mine who just celebrated her 98th birthday. You are very much in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Deb. She was a wonderful lady. Thanks for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many prayers to you and the family on the loss of your grandmother. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman, and more than just family, but a close friend that shared your passion for helping others. I know that she has a better life now with her Creator and now just hopes for good things for you and the rest of the family, which I know will happen.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well......I pray for you to get through this. I will absolutley die when my grandmother is no longer here! I have no words to say except.....I am sorry and take all the time you need to work through this hard time!!! Your grandma is cutting coupons in heaven now and boy she will have a lot for you when you get there!!! Keeping the faith,....Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your loss. Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful person. I am thinking of you in your time of sadness. Just remember that she is always with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was a wonderful woman.

    Take all the time you need.

    ReplyDelete