November 21, 2009

Tip of the day

Want to have gifts for relatives and friends this holiday season, but you do not want to break the bank?  Host a party like Pampered Chef, Usborne Books, Mary Kay, or Premier Jewelry to earn credits with which to shop for gifts.  Last year I had an Usborne Book party and was absolutely amazed at all of the free books I received for being a hostess.  Little is required other than inviting friends, tidying up your home, and putting out a few foods and beverages.   I try to only do one or two of these types of parties each year and to vary what company so that what might not appeal to one person would appeal to another.  For instance I have a friend who has no interest in Pampered Chef but enjoyed the Usborne Book party.  I do not pressure others into attending and make it clear that I’m happy for them to attend whether they buy anything or not.  I also try to reciprocate whenever possible, attending friends’ vendor parties when they invite me. 

At the last party I had, the start time was 7pm.  Because it was after supper, I served a dessert buffet, iced tea, and water.  I spent less than $10 on the food because of baking from scratch and using coupons.  Again, there was no pressure on friends to buy, but many were happy to pick up items for Christmas gifts.  Because of the total of the show, I earned over $300 in free items!  Talk about a rate of return on your investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment