December 14, 2009

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Once you’ve tried this variation on an old time favorite, you’ll never go back.  I’ll be making these pound cakes on Wednesday, and I’ll try to post a photo at that time.

Ingredients

3 sticks of softened unsalted butter

8 oz softened cream cheese

3 c. sugar

6 large fresh eggs

1 t. salt

1 T. vanilla

3 c. all purpose flour, for this recipe I do not use freshly milled whole wheat.  I prefer White Lily all purpose flour.

Beat together the softened butter and cream cheese.  With mixer running add sugar, the eggs one at a time, and the salt. Once that is incorporated, add the vanilla and flour. Scrape sides and bottom to ensure all is mixed well. Place in a buttered heavy pan (I use a Bundt pan) and bake at 325 until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean. This will take at least 1 hour- 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment