December 9, 2009

Tip of the day

Watch for mark downs!  This week at Kroger, I was able to purchase 3 whole organic chickens at a reduced rate simply because I looked at the sell by date.  I saw that a few were marked the current date and a few more were marked for a couple of days later.  I asked the gentleman working in that department if he were willing to mark them down and he was.  I waited for about 10 minutes for him to complete the process (luckily I wasn’t in a big rush), and it was worth my time.  Of course when he started marking them down it was like vultures appeared out of nowhere to grab the chickens!  I thought I was going to have to arm wrestle one lady to get the 3 chickens I had been waiting on.

In the produce section, I found some organic salads that had been marked down.  In the organic section, I found dairy that had been reduced and Annie’s Homegrown Cereals that had been clearance priced.  If you do not see items that are marked down but the sell by or expiration date is nearing, ask someone at your store if they will reduce the price for a quick sale.  It never hurts to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment