January 19, 2010

Meal Planning

While I didn’t have this posted on Monday due to my blog break, I’m working to get caught back up now.  This is one of those weeks where I won’t be making a lot of things from scratch.  I’ll be cooking tonight and Thursday for our major meals.  Then, the rest of the foods will be ones that are quick to prepare.  I am feeling more inspired in the kitchen, though the list isn’t all that impressive.  The beauty of posting this, though, is that you all see that I’m a busy gal just like many of you.  There are times when I take an hour to prepare a meal, and there are other times we eat sandwiches for supper because it has been a busy day. 

This week, I have chicken and dumplings planned.  Homemade chicken and dumplings  is one of my favorite meals.  I make a slightly updated and therefore less Southern version that uses chopped pieces of celery, onions, and carrots in the stock to make it slightly healthier.  I’m going to take the chicken out of the freezer right now so that I will have it defrosted in time to cook it on Thursday.

 

  Breakfast Lunch Supper
Mon Bacon, eggs, cheese toast Chicken Salad Sandwiches, chips and dip
Tues Cereal Snack lunch (nuts, bologna and cheese, crackers, a cookie) Sausage dressing, summer squash from the freezer, and sautéed home canned pears
Wed Soaked Oatmeal Leftovers Pancakes, bacon, fruit salad, and OJ
(We’re having a PJ party at the children’s program at church and serving breakfast for supper).
Thurs Free Sausage Biscuit Peanut Butter and Jelly, apple slices, carrot sticks, tortilla chips Chicken and Dumplings, green beans
Fri Lemon Poppyseed Muffins Sandwiches, pineapple, raisins, veggies Leftover Chicken and Dumplings
Sat Boiled Eggs, Toast, Fruit Sandwiches, Trail Mix, Carrot Sticks, Chips Supper at at a family member’s house
Sun Yogurt, eggs, bagels Leftovers Supper out

No comments:

Post a Comment