January 4, 2010

Sugar Cream Pie—Ahlemeyer Farms Old Time Bakery

pies

If you read any of my posts about the food on Christmas that our family enjoyed, you know that my sweet friend Heather dropped in with a Sugar Cream Pie for us to enjoy.  The fact that she brought it all the way from Indiana for us meant more to me than she will ever know.  This pie was like no other I’d ever tasted.  It was a combination of custard and chess pie flavors.  It also had the best pie crust I’ve ever eaten.  I’m not a huge fan of pastry, and I usually eat the pie filling and leave the pie crust behind.  NOT the case with this pie!!  I enjoyed every bite. 

If you are traveling through the Columbus, Indiana area, I strongly encourage you to drop by Ahlemeyer Farms Old Time Bakery.  I haven’t found a website for the bakery, but the contact information is written below.  The Sugar Cream Pie is worth the trip!
Ahlemeyer Farms Old Time Bakery
2737 Central Ave, Columbus, IN 47201-6231, (812) 376-7933

Pumpkin Pie - $5.99 or Sugar Cream Pie - $6.49

1 comment:

  1. I just made a sugar cream pie and was trying to remem. the name of this bakery. I'm from Columbus and used to work right next to it. Always stopped in for a yummy sugar cream pie! Next time I'm there I will def. stop by again.

    ReplyDelete