At least one time a year sit down with your spouse and your major bills and paperwork to evaluate your needs.
- Have your insurance needs changed? Are you satisfied with your carrier? Should you look into other options?
- Does your utility board offer a steady pay option? Do they offer a home energy audit?
- Are there any new tax deductions that you need to be keeping receipts for next year’s taxes?
- Do you need cable? Sometimes people find that their phone, internet, and cable bundle is less expensive than dropping one. We dropped cable more than 3 years ago and do not plan on going back any time soon.
- What about your cell phone service? Are you always going over? Should you check around to other carriers to see if you can get a better deal?
- What about your investments? Check Dave Ramsey’s endorsed local provider list for some great leads on investment advisors.
- What other big expenses do you have? Talk with your family about needs versus wants in relationship to your budget.