- Check out this post for a list of deals and freebies for parents of multiples.
- FishMama gives some tips on encouraging your children to be life long readers.
- Our daughter has one of these new sew blankets that she calls “my favorite blanket ever”. While this demo includes some sewing, she makes note that it is not necessary unless you want to make sure that a design isn’t cut.
- Since as a therapist I tend to use more cognitive behavioral therapy in my approaches with clients, the subject line “Cognitive Dissonance” interested me. While not a perfect explanation of cognitive dissonance, and really it doesn’t have to be for this purpose, I liked these two key points from his article. When we are making a change, our self talk can be on opposite extremes. “I want to change.” “I can’t change” “The world is at the brink of disaster” “Well, maybe everything is ok” The second key point is that we draw more bees with honey than vinegar. By living your life as best you can in tune with your values and passions, you might inspire others to take similar actions.
- Along with the theme of cognitive behavioral therapy, Krazy Coupon Lady’s post on Making it Work is a good reminder that we all have a choice on how we look at things. No, this post isn’t more psychotherapy mumbo-jumbo—it is about coupons!
Have a great weekend!