February 27, 2010

A little light reading

  • Crunchy Chicken has inspired me to try to grow blackberries in a container.  Have any of you tried this?
  • Hubby and I have been using this 40 days of prayer resource from the Holston Conference.
  • Have you tried the 5 minute bread recipe yet?  If not, you’ll find some whole wheat options here.
  • Want an idea for simplifying the morning routine?  When we leave early for a trip, I dress our daughter in a comfy knit dress and leggings at night so that she is ready for the next day. 
  • Bribes let tomato vendor sell tainted food—I guess nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to our food system.  All the more reason to grow more of your own food this year and to support local farmers at your farmers markets!!  This summer, I’ll have posts on preserving your own foods, and this spring I’ll tell you when I plant what to help you out.  If you would like to take a look at some of last year’s posts, please click on the Gardening or Food Preservation tabs on the left hand column of this blog.

Have a super duper weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment