March 18, 2010

Tip of the day

Update your resume. Even if you are not planning on returning to the office anytime soon, it is still a good idea to update it with new skills, volunteer work, and membership organizations. I know that for me, I was able to build my resume more by being a stay at home mom than I realized. If you are out of work, whether it be voluntarily or involuntarily continue to build, grow, and learn.

  • What free workshops are available in the community?
  • What on-line classes or CEUs could you access?
  • What are you reading?
  • Who are you meeting that could be added to your rolodex/contact list? I have been blessed with the joy of meeting so many new and interesting people since our daughter was born.
  • If you plan on returning to work, how are you staying in contact with people in your field?

No comments:

Post a Comment