April 7, 2010

Tip of the day

Work to make change.  I’m grateful to my church family (Faith UMC) for being as receptive to my “crunchy” nature as they have been.  We now recycle plastics, aluminum cans, paper, cardboard, and newspapers at our church. We use real plates and silverware for our programs.  When we must buy disposable products, we refrain from using Styrofoam.  All it took was me asking for us to make some changes and my willingness to help make that happen. 

What is your passion?  Gardening, cooking, DIY projects, writing?  Now look at areas in which your life is touched by an organization—churches, schools, work, volunteer organizations, hospitals.  Match the passion to the organization and look for ways to make a difference.  Could you offer to help start a garden at your child’s school?  What about being a speaker in the classroom?  Could you help a community group with grant writing?  The possibilities are endless.

3 comments:

  1. Your crunchy nature is why I like your blog more than many similar ones! My church is pretty granola (UU) but I am inspired by you to get more of them couponing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan, thanks for starting my day off with a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attended both your coupon fair and the couponing 101 and thought...I really should do some blog commenting on occasion to let these folks know I'm reading. :D

    ReplyDelete