May 4, 2010

Couponing in Critical Times 1 year old!

This week marks the anniversary of the first posts that I wrote for this blog.  Thank you to all who have stopped by, left comments, signed up as followers, subscribed to my feed, or have otherwise offered encouragement and support!

Here are a few tidbits you may not know about this blog:

  • My first blog post was written for the Holistic Moms Network Knoxville chapter, and my friend Honor walked me through every step of that post.  She was an excellent tutor.
  • The reason that the blog is named Couponing in Critical Times is because my first coupon workshop was entitled as such.  A fellow church member came up with the name.
  • I wasn’t planning on blogging.  My husband set up this blog as a way to distribute information to the people who attended that workshop.  When Isha signed up as a follower, I thought, “Well, I’m going to blog now that I have a follower.”  Just so you know, I LOVE it when people sign up as followers.  I get such a thrill out of seeing new names on the follower list!
  • My friend Jennifer/ Coupon Mommie came to my house to give me a crash course in blogging, introducing me to Windows Live for the first time.  She has been such an amazing friend and supporter. 

10 things you might not know about me:

  1. My favorite color is green with salmon being a close second.
  2. My favorite food is lasagna. 
  3. When I was young I showed quarter horses, Western style.
  4. I once carried the flag in a small town rodeo.
  5. When I was young, I had a dream to be a swimmer.  The small town where I lived had no professional swimmers, and I wasn’t in the least bit trained to be a swimmer.  My form is still very off, as I had no one to teach me proper form.  Yet, I was determined.  I read about how swimmers trained and tried to duplicate that at home.  I figured that even if I couldn’t become a pro, I could enjoy the process.
  6. I am a LCSW (licensed clinical social worker) by trade, and my area of expertise is geriatric psychiatry.
  7. At the time I was hired at a psychiatric hospital in Memphis for my first “real” job as a psychiatric technician, I was the youngest person ever hired there. 
  8. My cousin played matchmaker for my husband and me.  We met at her birthday party 12 years ago.  We’ve been married for 10, and I feel unbelievably lucky to have him in my life.
  9. I’ve been a Christian as long as I can remember with a conscious decision and baptism when I was 12 years old. 
  10. My favorite word is pumpernickel, doesn’t it just roll off the tongue?

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...

    Congratulations on turning 1. Love reading your blog. And I love the word pumpernickel too :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only I year??? I just love finding out how old the blogs that I read every day are! I had the impression that you had been blogging for ever! Gives me encouragement on being a "real" blog sooner than later! You do a fantastic job and I look forward to many more years of following you!

    ReplyDelete