June 26, 2010

A little light reading

  • This Jon Stewart excerpt is both funny and deeply depressing.  The shock value alone of hearing different Presidents talk about the same thing over and over and over again is worth the listen.
  • Here are some great tips on mindfulness when eating.
  • This is a very important post on pool safety.
  • Ooooh, I’m going to try and make these this year.  They sound delicious!
  • I loved this post on unplugging kids.  For me, TV isn’t the screen that is the hardest to stay away from—it is the computer.  I have a friend who started a no computer day on Sundays.  I’m not sure if I’m ready for a whole day away, but I have recently found that if I turn the computer off when not in use, I’m much less likely to hop on it and much more likely to accomplish the chores on my to-do list!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Little Red Hen is on my list to blog about too, lol! And, yes, the computer has become my vice. I'm turning it off at least twice a week now so that it's not calling out to me in the morning.

    ReplyDelete