June 10, 2010

Tip of the day

Uses for leftover coffee and grounds:

  • I mix coffee grounds and leftover brewed coffee into water that I’ll be using in the garden.  While it doesn’t have as much of the acid and nitrogen in it that unused coffee grounds does, I find that it still gives my plants a little boost in production.  (A recent study showed that unused coffee grounds were most ideal as plant fertilizer and preferred over used grounds.  Who can afford to do that, though??)
  • I have a friend who puts leftover brewed coffee into a spray bottle and sprays it directly on plant leaves, in particular basil.
  • Freeze leftover brewed coffee into ice cubes and add to milk for a yummy iced coffee drink.  You can also blend these into ice cream or yogurt for a frozen frappe.

No comments:

Post a Comment