Start thinking about the winter months now.
- What home improvement projects can you tackle that make your home more energy efficient?
- Search Craig’s List or Freecycle for free wood offers. Split the wood and stack it to dry for future use.
- What foods would be comforting to have on a dreary winter day? Can some homemade soup. Freeze corn. Make blackberry jam.
- Have your chimney swept during the off season. Many companies offer a slightly lower rate in warmer months as compared to the late fall and winter.
- What craft projects can you start for Christmas and holiday gifts?
- Make your Christmas list, if you haven't already, and start buying the gifts as you find sales and bargains.