July 18, 2010

Supper Planning Sundays

My dad’s house, while not yet completed, was ready for him to move in this week.  It caught me off guard, and I was sadder to see him leave than I thought I would have been.  He’s only a few miles away, but he had become a fixture in the household.  While I’m sure there will still be plenty of us eating supper with him at his house and him coming over here, I’m planning the food for 2 adults and 1 child at this point again. 

My budget remains $450 for July because of preserving more foods during the growing season, though.  I realize I haven’t posted any end of the month reports lately.  At the end of June so much was going on that I didn’t think of posting them until a few weeks into the month, and by then, it didn’t seem like it would be very helpful to anyone.  I’ll hope to be back on track at the end of this month with those reports.

Last week, I planned mostly vegetarian meals.  Hubby never complained, but I could tell he wanted a little more meat in the supper plans.  The meals below incorporate more meat as a result.

Note—when estimating the cost of the meal I add the cost to the initial serving.  Any leftovers are then priced at $0. Dining out pulls from a different part of our family budget and prices are not shown below as a result.

Sunday

We ate at the Bridal Shower in the late afternoon at the church.  Since we weren’t very hungry, we ate a snack instead of supper.

Approximate cost $0

Monday

Homemade Enchiladas (Beef bought from a local farmer, corn tortillas bought on sale with a coupon, enchilada sauce was a small moneymaker at Kroger a few months back, cheese bought in recent Mega Event at Kroger) $8

Black beans (organic bought on bulk sale at Three Rivers Market a few months back, cooking less than a pound worth due to limited freezer space at this time) $1

Calabacitas (squash and other veggies from the garden, corn will either be fresh if I can pick up some at a local farm to preserve or will be from a can) $1

Approximate cost $10

Tuesday

Italian Sausage (from a local farmer) $9

Potatoes $1

Green Beans $1

Beets (free from the garden)

Approximate cost $11

Wednesday

Leftover Italian Sausage with Pasta, Sauce, and Parmesan Cheese (pasta free with coupon, parm bought on sale, sauce bought on sale with coupon)

Approximate cost $1.50

Thursday

Pinto beans (from freezer, leftovers)

Cornbread 33cts

Cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden

Approximate cost 33cts

Friday

Tombstone Pizza (bought with $2 Facebook coupon and Kroger Mega Event Sale) 49cts

Any veggies from the garden or leftovers that need using

Approximate cost 49 cts

Saturday

Tentative Date Night with Hubby

(Dining out pulls from a different part of our budget than groceries)

No comments:

Post a Comment