August 15, 2010

Meal Planning

Below is our plan for this week’s meals.  We are feeding 2 adults and a child with an occasional friend or relative stopping in every so often.  Because I’m not entirely sure how this week is going to play out, I’m not posting about particular days like I usually do.  Next week I’ll probably go back to the format where I include approximations of how much was spent.  Readers have said that has been helpful for them because it gives a better sense of how stockpiling, buying local foods, growing our own food, bartering, and couponing relate to my meal plans.  If, however, you prefer the format below, e-mail me and let me know.

Breakfasts

Egg Toast (I like mine savory, the rest of the family likes theirs sweet)

Boiled eggs, fruit, bacon

Cereal and Milk

Soaked Oatmeal 

Garden omelets (eggs, a bit of milk, salt and pepper and just about everything that is growing in the garden now)

Muffins

Lunches

Mostly sandwiches, leftovers, and soups

Snacks

Apples, carrots, raisins and peanuts, cantaloupe, popcorn, pretzels and peanut butter, granola bars

Suppers

Leftovers

Soup and grilled cheese

Roasted chicken drumsticks, couscous with pan drippings, peas, and tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden

Lamb burgers, baked beans, cooked carrots

Arroz con pollo, black beans, squash

Pizza from the freezer with veggies from the garden

Hot Dogs, carrot sticks, apple slices, and chips and salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment