September 28, 2010

Tip of the day—tea

From the feedback that I’d received from some readers, you like the tips of the day enough to keep them coming.  Thanks for all of you who took the time to leave a comment or e-mail me.  It is always good to hear what you like and want more of for this blog.  I have so enjoyed getting to know some of the readers, and I appreciate you more than you’ll ever know!

Today’s tip was one that I was reminded of when last in Knoxville’s little gem Tea at the Gallery.  A friend and I had enjoyed a pot of tea together, and the waitress asked if we would like some hot water to steep some more tea.  When you have high quality loose leaf tea, you can usually make more than one pot of tea with the leaves.  I recommend steeping the second pot for longer and using a little less water than the first pot.  You’ll get two pots for the price of one this way!

When you are done with tea bags or tea leaves, make sure to gently squeeze them to release the rest of the tea.  Tea leaves will soak up a lot of liquid, and if you don’t do this, you are wasting all of that brewed tea.

To discard leaves and bags, save them for your compost pile.  They are great for your soil!

If you haven’t yet stopped into the Tea at the Gallery and are a local, I hope you will.  It is such a delightful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment