Emergency Preparedness Tip of the week--
Talk with your house of worship about how they might be of help to those in need in the event of an emergency. Here are some ideas:
- Do they have a food pantry that could offer food to someone in need?
- Do they have access to first aid supplies?
- Is there a list of people within your church/synagogue who are trained in first aid or emergency response?
- Do you have access to cots if you are needed to house people overnight?
- Do you have a clothing closet or a phone chain where supplies can be gathered for someone who has just had a house fire?
- Is your pastor or rabbi trained in emergency response counseling?