October 26, 2010

Tip of the day—Read the newspaper

I can’t tell you how often I’ve found great coupons, deals at stores and restaurants, sale info, and freebie deals by reading the newspaper.  For a long time I didn’t subscribe to the paper, but now I do.  I’ve been pleased with how much I enjoy reading through the paper and working the crossword puzzles. 

Also don’t forget that your local newspaper can be a resource for you to get the word out about programs and projects that you or your organization might be hosting.  Many papers offer a free community information page or calendar in which you can give notice and details to help you promote your event.

If you are unable to subscribe or want to read the paper a few times before you do:  If you are a local, on Fridays Pilot stations offer their customers a free newspaper when you come into the store.  Many fast food restaurants keep newspapers available for their customers to read.  You can also read the paper at the public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment