November 9, 2010

Restaurant Review--Courtyard Grill

Today I had the pleasure of meeting with some of the local coupon bloggers from the Knoxville area ( Coupon Mommie, Coupons Are Money, Frugalissa Finds, Frugally Farming Family, Knoxmoms.comKnoxville Mamabelle, and  Knoxville on a Dime) for lunch at the Courtyard Grille on Alcoa Hwy.  What a delightful time and delicious meal!

The food

The group ordered a few appetizers for the table.  Out of them, I tried the chips and spinach queso and cheese sticks.  Both were reasonably priced and tasted great.  The bread and butter that came to the table was similar to what they serve at O’Charley’s, though ever so slightly sweeter and softer.  For my lunch I chose the grouper with a side of sweet potato.  The price was only $5.99 for a large serving of both.  I grew up eating seafood, and so I’m picky when it comes to fish and seafood at restaurants.  The grouper was perfectly cooked and had a Cajun seasoning on it that added flavor without being spicy.  I would definitely order it again! 

The food came out fast and hot.  Some of the kiddos present ordered kids meals that I noticed even came with a bag of Teddy Grahams for a dessert—very nice touch!

The service

Our waitress was a trooper.  We had a large table, and Christy had been kind enough to bring some coupons from the Blount Co School Coupon Book to share with everyone.  Since the coupons were for $5/$25 purchase, we had to do some finagling to combine orders to make it to the $25 requirement.  She was so patient and never once seemed perturbed that she was having to rework our tickets. 

The savings

I mentioned above that the lunch menu was very reasonably priced.  In addition to large portions for the price, there are a few coupons you can use when visiting.  The Blount County School Coupon Book has a $5/$25 purchase coupon, which we used today.  There is also a printable coupon on the East TN Rewards site for a free appetizer with the purchase of two entrees after 4pm.

The atmosphere

The environment was relaxed and welcoming.   An attention to detail for the kiddos was the fish tank that was in the front of the restaurant where you might wait to be seated.  The children there today noticed it before any of us did and it was a hit!  The bathrooms were neat and clean and the meeting area was as well.  Since we were in their meeting room, I didn’t have a chance to look at the main dining area. 

Will I go back?

Definitely!  I am often driving by that area, and I will be sure to return.  While I won’t name names, I’ve eaten at many other local restaurants with a similar look and atmosphere and have paid far more for far less food at lunchtime.  The quality, service, and taste was fantastic, and if you are in the Alcoa, TN area I highly recommend you give them a try.

Note—I have no affiliation with Courtyard Grille.  Other than their providing us with a meeting place today, I benefitted in no way financially or otherwise from writing this review.  I like to promote local businesses that do a good job for their patrons, and I hope you’ll check out Courtyard Grille next time you want a bite to eat for a good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment