November 29, 2010

Tip of the day—If you are making popcorn strands for your tree….

Don’t use oil to pop the popcorn.  It makes a mess, and it might put a little damper on your holiday decorating spirit. Air pop the popcorn instead.

Yep, you guessed it, we had a little hiccup last night when decorating our tree.  I decided that I wanted to stick with a more earthy feel for the tree decorations this year and wanted to try making popcorn strands.  I didn’t realize that if you used oil to pop the popcorn then it would end up making your hands greasy and stranding the popcorn not so much fun.  Oh well, live and learn.  Hopefully you can benefit from my mistake.  Better luck next year!

1 comment:

  1. Another tip - save the popcorn strands for next year! The first few years I made new strands every year, and then finally 3 years ago it occurred to me to reuse them. I stuck them carefully into a big plastic bag and put them where they wouldn't be crushed, and gave it a shot. Sure enough they kept great and I've been using the same strands for 3 years now!

    ReplyDelete