December 5, 2010

Growing Asparagus—great article in Mother Earth News

Asparagus

If you are thinking about growing asparagus, and if you have a garden definitely consider it, Mother Earth News most recent edition has one of the best and most comprehensive tutorials on asparagus I have ever read.  How I wish I had seen this a few years ago when we planted ours!  I would have indulged in a few more spears last year and would have spaced the asparagus bed farther apart from the main vegetable garden.  Oh well, live and learn.  Check out the article here so that you can learn before you plant.

Y’all know that Mother Earth News is my favorite magazine.  If you know someone who might want to receive it, they have a gift deal.  You’ll pay only $10 for a gift subscription.  With the wealth of information always in its pages, I highly recommend it as a gift for a farmer, homesteader, gardener, or someone on your list who wants to live a more self sustainable way. 

1 comment:

  1. I planted asparagus last year! I am praying it comes back this year since I am in Georgia and it is iffy as to whether it is cold enough here!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete