December 23, 2010

Tip of the day—Get rid of some of the clutter

I don’t know about you, but I find that my mood is really affected by clutter.  I know some people who can handle a lot of clutter, and looking at my desk as I type this, you would think that I am one of those people.  I’m not, though, and I find that I don’t think as clearly or feel as upbeat when there is a bunch of clutter around the house.  Since Christmas is sure to bring with it extra toys, wrapping paper to be recycled, tons of leftovers in the fridge, and extra dishes to do, today spend a little time de-cluttering. 

  • Take the paper recycling to the recycling station so that you will have empty receptacles for any wrapping paper that needs to be disposed.
  • Give the refrigerator a once over and empty anything that needs to go in the compost bin.
  • Walk through the house and put up anything that is out of place (or at least some of the things that are out of place) so that you have a fresh start for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment