January 31, 2011

Meal Planning, First week of the challenge

The meal plans for our family will look a little different for the month of February.  I’ll be taking some photos here and there and posting more regular information about the challenge.  I suspect that the meal plans will be a little more fluid this month, meaning that I might change the plans around based on how the week is going. 

Breakfasts

Soaked Oatmeal and leftover oatmeal

Cereal with milk and fruit

Egg dishes with toast and jam

Muffins and fruit salad

On Wednesday, I’ll be enjoying a FREE chicken biscuit in honor of Groundhog Day at Chick-fil-a.

On Saturday, we’ll be eating breakfast at church and will have eggs, sausage, biscuits and fruit.

Lunches

Leftovers whenever possible

Sandwiches (PBJ, Turkey, Ham or any leftover meats from the previous night’s supper)

Soup from the freezer or from a can (I have some Progresso soups that need to be eaten)

On Tuesday, we’ll eat a potluck lunch for one of the meetings at church.

Sides for lunches or snacks

Fruit—home canned peaches or pears, store bought canned mandarin oranges, dried apricots, or frozen berries that we picked last summer

Potato chips

Carrot sticks with a bit of hummus that we need to use

Whole wheat crackers

Peanuts

Suppers

Shepherd’s Pie

Lamb roast with roasted veggies (I made this over the weekend)

BBQ Dove with creamed corn, instant potatoes, and peas

Tuna Noodle Casserole with fruit salad as a side/dessert

Soup and sandwiches

Or, if I get inspired, I’ll make Chicken Fried Rice, Chinese Soup, and Edamame in honor of the Chinese New Year.

We’ll eat leftovers one night, and if we still have extras, I will nix one of the meals and have leftovers another night.

Wednesday night I’ll be making supper for the children’s program at church.  I plan to make chicken, corn, fruit, and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment