January 14, 2011

Tip of the day—Waiting at the doctor’s office

Yesterday, I made a trip to the doctor’s office.  I had some labs drawn an hour before my appointment, and rather than going elsewhere in between, I decided to wait at the office until my appointment time.  So many people waiting were complaining about the delay, complaining about waiting in line, complaining about having to fill out new insurance forms for the new year, complaining about the weather--just plain complaining.  I actually had a pretty good time while I was there and got quite a bit accomplished with my time, and I think it was because I expected to wait and had a plan for what to do with my time.  In a perfect world, we wouldn’t have to wait at the doctor’s office, but many times that just isn’t the case. 

Yesterday’s experience made me think of two previous posts that some of you newer readers might find helpful.  The first is my post on What to do while waiting and the second is Tips for the doctor’s office.  I hope you’ll find them helpful, and as always, if you have any additional tips, I’d love to hear them.  I get such a kick out of seeing a new comment or email pop up from a reader.  You all are awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I went back and reviewed both of the posts you referred to...very good tips and ideas!!! I especially like the one about taking my crochet along with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never understood why people are so impatient (not to say I have never had an impatient moment). I always carry along something to do and have accomplished many a thing waiting. One of my favorite things is to work on a bible study. Then Ive got the added benefit of learning about God, practicing what I preach and igniting curiousity in those around me. I have had some fascinating conversations because of this with people who really needed someone to talk too. Waiting is the perfect time to meet someone new and offer encouragement especially to other stressed out moms.

    ReplyDelete