February 9, 2011

Tip of the day—Plan deals into your budget

With the introduction of group buying sites like Living Social and Groupon, there are deals arriving in my inbox every day.  Unfortunately, I haven’t bought many of the deals because I haven’t yet figured out how to work them into our budget.  This month, I decided to set aside money specifically to use on group buying deals.  This way I’ll be able to purchase ones that I know we’ll use, and I won’t be over budget at the end of the month.

What are your favorite group buying sites?  At the Second Annual Knoxville Coupon Fair one of the coupon experts is focusing her booth to this topic.  I hope you’ll be able to attend!  If you are outside of the Knoxville area, many of the experts provided their handout information on their blogs after the event.  I’ll try to link up to all of them that do so again this year.  

3 comments:

  1. I've not tried any buying groups like this -- yet..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried Living Social on a couple of their food deals. Hubs and I use these as date nite treats. Try a new place and affordable. The two I have used were buy for $20.00 eat $40.00. We have been very pleased. Just print out their confirmation letter and it has been very easy at each place. We will watch and buy there again.
    Michelle P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m planning to use one tonight at the Stir Fry Cafe to have dinner with a dear friend. It's half price sushi night; I'm hoping we'll be able to get a great deal with both!

    ReplyDelete