This sounds like it would be a great chance to learn a ton about organic farming and gardening! The Organic Crops Field Tour on the UT Ag Campus takes place on Thursday, April 28th from &:30am-2:30pm.
Pre-registration $10 per person, on-site registration $15 per person (all registration includes lunch and proceedings booklet). Click here to register online.
See current research and hear the latest organic recommendations on:
- Considerations for Organic Nut Production
- The Quest for Early Blight Resistance in Heirloom Tomatoes
- The Latest Buzz about Bees, Wildflowers and More
- Growing Tomatoes, Strawberries and Leaf Lettuce in High Tunnels
- Alternatives to Soil Fumigants
- Collecting and Utilizing Rainwater for Vegetable Crops
- Organic No-Till Corn Production
- Managing Weeds in Organic Systems
- Producing Forage Crops Organically
Lunch Catering and Keynote Presentation by Chef John Antun, Director, UT Culinary Institute
Enjoy walking tours and visit the Farm Equipment Display/Industry and Educational Exhibits.