April 22, 2011

What to do with strawberries

 CIMG3220 I know, I know, no one really has a problem knowing what to do with strawberries.  They are perfect plain or with a spot of sugar and cream.  They are good in pies, muffins, and cobblers.  They are delicious dehydrated, frozen, or made into jams and jellies.  Don’t even get me started about strawberry ice cream and sorbet.  Are you salivating yet?  If so, get out there and pick some strawberries while they are in season and check out the recipes below.  If you have any favorites you’d like to share, please post or link to them in the comments section.  I’m always looking for more recipes!

Preserving strawberries (freezing and dehydrating)

Strawberry Buttermilk Sherbet  (I highly recommend Cruze Dairy Farm buttermilk if you are local)

Making Strawberry Jam  (Freezer jam is also super simple, but I usually prefer to can them because it makes it easier to give them as gifts.  I have limited storage space in the freezer and try to save it for whole frozen berries)

Easy Cobbler (perfect with just about any fruit)

No comments:

Post a Comment