Today, at the New Harvest Park Farmers Market, you can enjoy the following:
Join us between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. tomorrow, Thursday, May 26 at the New Harvest Park Farmers Market.
Here's what's happening:
3:00 - 6:00
Buy some raspberries, strawberries, greens, tomatoes, turnips, rhubarb, bedding plants, ice cream, milk, baked goods, salsa, honey jelly, honey, candles, bath salts, soaps, pet treats, knitted and crocheted items and more!
Vegetable Gardening Hands-On Workshop at the Demonstration Garden. Bring your gloves, garden rakes, spades, and hoes. We'll plant some tomato plants, pepper plants, and sunflower seeds.
"How to Attract Hummingbirds and Butterflies to Your Garden" by Master Gardener Chris Hamilton. Inside the Community Building.
3:00 - 6:00
Register to win ground beef from Mitchell Family Farms. Drawing will be held next week. You do not have to be present to win.
This weekend at the downtown Market Square Farmers Market we will celebrate the International Biscuit Festival:
The International Biscuit Festival celebrates the heritage of home cooking through that most perfect of foods – the Biscuit.
Join us on Market Square in downtown Knoxville for food and fun. Here are just some of the activities you can enjoy at the International Biscuit Festival:
* Biscuit Breakfast – Begin your day with our Biscuit Buffet, offering a variety of Biscuits and fixings from top Biscuit professionals.
* Blackberry Brunch – The chefs at world-renowned Blackberry Farm prepare a “Foothills Cuisine” fine dining experience featuring the best regional food producers.
* Biscuit Boulevard – Take a walk through our Biscuit tasting area. One ticket allows you to sample the Biscuit offerings of some of the best Biscuit bakers around, all vying for the coveted crown of Best Biscuit!
* Biscuit Bake Off – The top Biscuit makers compete for cash and prizes in multiple categories. Last year’s Grand Champion was the “Fat Elvis Biscuit”, a Peanut Butter, Banana and Bacon delight fit for a King!
* Miss and Mr. Biscuit Pageant – Biscuit talent, Biscuit poise, and Biscuit making skills all come into play in the competition to be crowned Miss/Mr. Biscuit.
* Biscuit Arts and Entertainment – Folk art, Americana music, Biscuit songwriting competitions, Biscuit books and more! A bonanza of Biscuit beauty take place throughout the weekend to add some culture and butter your Biscuit.
Just want to walk around and enjoy? Come on down! Many of our activities are absolutely free.