June 14, 2011

Local Blogger Highlight: Frugally Farming Family

Buttonforfrugalfarmfamblog2 I remember the first time I came across the blog Frugally Farming Family.  I saw her post linked by another big blogger and realized she was local to the East TN area.  We started emailing, and I immediately felt a sense of camaraderie and friendship with her.  She’s one of those people who shows God’s love in everything she does, and people can’t help but like her.  I invited her to participate in the Knoxville Coupon Fair the first year we hosted it, and she was a hit there.  I feel so blessed to know her and to learn from her work.  If you’ve never visited Frugally Farming Family I hope you’ll check it out!

Hannah’s blog offers a little of everything for readers.  It is a great resource for homeschoolers, homesteaders, and “anyone who wants to live an organic and frugal and God centered lifestyle”. Hannah is a homescooling, farming, healthy eating, gluten free, Christian stay-at-home mom who teaches readers how to do everything from gardening, to canning, to staying on a budget.  She is the mother of 7 darling kiddos, yes you read that correctly, from ages 9 years old to 9 months old.  She and her husband Tim have a small farm where they raise beef cattle, dairy and meat goats, guinea fowl, chickens, and an organic vegetable garden and fruit orchard. In her spare time, Hannah enjoys gardening and farming, cooking/baking, reading, playing piano, blogging, and meeting new people. I have no idea how she does all she does, but let me tell you that she does it with a sweet spirit that is a blessing to so many people who know her.

Below is my interview with Hannah of Frugally Farming Family:

CICT:  Tell us a little bit about how you started blogging.

Hannah:  I started blogging after a friend encouraged me to share with others how our large family could live comfortably on one paycheck. I also enjoy writing, and blogging has become a form of expression. After I lost a good friend (unexpectedly), two grandmothers (cancer), and an uncle (unexpectedly) in one year, blogging became a therapy. I have continued blogging because I enjoy helping others!

 

CICT:  What do you like the most about blogging?

Hannah:  I like connecting with other people. I like knowing I can help others to save money, to learn, to be a better person for their family (children, spouse), and to be encouraged.

CICT:   Hannah is indeed an encourager.  Read just a few of her posts, and you’ll see what I mean.  Her words give you the motivation to do better, to be better, to be more frugal and a better steward of what you have.

 

CICT: What are some of your favorite posts that you’ve written or types of posts that you write?

Hannah: My favorite posts I write are inspirational or encouragement to readers. I think we often forget there are others out there who are going through the same struggles as we go through. Letting others know I am real seems to help me connect more to my readers. Letting others know we have a commonality (imperfection), has seemed to help me build a loyal reader base. It also helps me to know my failures and even successes can help others from making the same mistakes or to succeed from the beginning. I love posting the deals for grocery savings, but there are so many other things out there besides getting the best deals which I feel are more important to thriving as a family or an individual!

CICT: Some of Hannah’s posts that you should watch for if you want to save money are her matchups for UGO and Earth Fare, along with her highlights of good buys at local stores for healthy and organic foods.

 

CICT:  What are some things that you’ve learned through blogging?

Hannah:  I have learned many things through blogging. I have learned I enjoy it. I have learned I wish I had more time to do more blogging! I have learned there are people out there who actually read my blog and enjoy reading it! Blogging is a wonderful source of communicating my thoughts and feelings as well as help others in the process. I love helping others, and I have learned I can help others through blogging! I have made many new friends blogging which has been a blessing and well worth the time I spend blogging.

 

CICT:  What do you hope that your readers get out of your blog and your work?

Hannah:   My hope is that my readers will see God through me. I give HIM the honor and glory for any successes and failures. I want to help others through my blog. I want to make a positive difference in the life of others. I want to give words of encouragement. I want my readers to know I have their best interests at heart, and I really do love and care for them as well as pray for them! I have just recently begun monetizing my blog only because we need the extra income. However, helping and blessing others is far more important to me than any amount of money I could receive blogging. God has continued to bless and provide for our family! I want my readers to see there are many possibilities out there to be successful and to help your family to grow and to live frugally! I also hope readers will see just because you live a frugal lifestyle, does not mean you have to do without the things you love and enjoy!

CICT: Bloggers are a dime a dozen.  What sets apart the blogs that you want to return to time and again is heart.  Hannah definitely has that.  I hope you’ll visit her blog, become a follower, and learn why I am so proud to know her.  Thank you Hannah for participating in the blog highlight, and thank you for the work you offer this community!

No comments:

Post a Comment