June 7, 2011

Local Blogger Highlight—Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29-11 button[1]The East TN area is blessed with some excellent bloggers, many of whom I’ve gotten to know either through emails or seeing them in person.  I thought it would be fun to highlight some of them in a series of posts. 

The first blog in this series is Jeremiah 29:11.  What a wonderful blessing this blog has been in my life!  I’ve been reading it for a while now, and it always seems to have what I need—inspiration, humor, joy, and reminders of God’s amazing love.  Deb is a remarkable woman, and her blogging ministry has touched the lives of many.  The favorite of her posts for me have to be the Women of the Bible, and I scan my reader each morning hoping to find another one that she has posted. 

Deb, also known as Nannie, has been married for 34 years and has two wonderful GRAND-sons that she and her husband adore.  Her daughter is a professional photographer who also has a blog you should check out!!  Below you’ll find a little more about Jeremiah 29:11.  Be sure to visit the blog and read more!

 

CICT:  Tell us a little bit about how you started blogging.

Deb:   I first started my blog to show some of my handmade crocheted hats and sewing crafts that I had for sell. As I walked around our neighborhood one morning, I felt in my spirit that my blog should be for God.  My first blog for HIM was on May 18, 2008....so it's been 3 years!!!

CICT:  What do you like the most about blogging?

Deb:   I like sharing Jesus with others....what He's done for me...even if it means admitting my faults and weaknesses!!!  I've not always lived up to the title of "Christian"....but I try, especially the older I get.


CICT:  What are some of your favorite posts that you’ve written or types of posts that you write? 

Deb:    Again, my favorite thing to write about is the Lord!!  My husband and I have had a lot of "trials and tribulations" during the last 9 months....nothing major, but things that would have driven me over the edge 5 years go, such as job loss and a death in our family, plus some health issues.  But God (don't you love those words)....has given me such a peace, I think because I know that He isn't going to let anything happen to us that He doesn't already know about....and it's all being filtered thru His precious hands!!!  Plus, we learn thru experience...and because He's taken care of me thru other problems, I know He will again....and again!!!

 

CICT:   What are some things that you’ve learned through blogging? 

Deb:    Well, I know I really enjoy blogging, something I never thought I would even attempt to do.  The  biggest thing that I've learned about myself is that I have a passion for writing....from the heart....and would love to someday write a devotional book!!  I also receive such a blessing when I get comments from others who can relate to the things that I write!!

CICT:    I can so easily see Deb writing a best selling devotional, and I will be first in line at the book signing when she does!

 

CICT:   What do you hope that your readers get out of your blog and your work?

Deb:    I'm so glad that you used the word HOPE because that's the entire premise of Jeremiah 29:11....trying to tell everybody that we have a HOPE and a future if we trust in God!

CICT:   Hope is really something that people need in this day and age, and your blog lives and breathes that message.  So many people just need to be reminded that hope is out there.

Thanks so much to Jeremiah 29:11 for being the first blogger in this series!  It was great to learn more about you, and I know that many of the CICT readers will love your blog!

 

7 comments:

  1. what a great interview! I was over on this blog and came to read their interview!
    I'm a new follower of you know too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom just called and told me you showcased her. i had to get out of bed to read it, and it made me cry! i can honestly see her writing a book one day!!!! maybe GOD will lead her to that soon!! i'll be waiting in line as well, and i had better have an autographed copy!! love you, my sweet momma!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Deb but Praise to the Living God who has given her such a lovely gift to blog so graciously ...and thank you Gabrielle for being humbel
    tool that God would use to exalt Deb as she strives each day to be a ready writer of his hearts passion regardless if it is to bring laughter to sadness, encouragment to the hopeless, correction and reproof or just music for our soul to dance in unity with.
    May you both experience joy and peace in your cup that it runneth over like a waterfall to those around you ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning! Stopping by for the first time to read your convo with Deb. What a sweetie she is! I have been blessed to know her through her blog too and enjoy her fun personality and God-honoring posts.

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am blessed to call Deb one of my friends. I have enjoyed her blog since she told me she was doing one. This was a great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Gabrielle...I just came back over here because I saw in my traffic lead that someone had visited you. I am just now reading all these precious, sweet comments. I thank you again, so much for interviewing me. All of these comments mean so much to my heart. I prayed this morning and asked God to send me friends, since we left our church family and I had to leave behind some sweet, dear people. Within an hour, He had prompted a friend to text me to come walk with her...then, another one called to ask me for lunch this Friday....and now I'm lead to read these comments. Ain't God good? Oh, yes....He most certainly is!!! Thank you again. May God bless each of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is good...All the time!
    So glad that it brightened your day. You are such a blessing to others!!

    ReplyDelete