August 29, 2011

Tip of the day—From Plain to Pizzazz

owl bag Today was our daughter’s snack day at school.  At parent teacher orientation, the teacher suggested that the parents send individually wrapped snacks.  She added that as a way to save money, parents could buy in bulk and package the snacks into plastic baggies.  As far as I can tell, the school does not yet recycle, and the thought of all of those baggies being used for 5 minutes and then thrown away made me cringe a little.   I decided to use brown paper sacks instead, which went perfectly with the popcorn snack I had planned.  I wanted to make the bag a little special for the kids and decided to put a little stamp of a teddy bear on each.  Our daughter loved this idea and helped me to make each one last night so that they would be ready to fill this morning. 

When I was placing my a*muse Studio order, I saw this super cute gift bag idea on their website.  While I wasn’t going to go to all of the trouble of making these for each child, I thought it would be a really cute gift bag idea.  I’ll have to give it a try!

Other ideas for making plain bags have a little pizzazz:

  • Turn a plain paper bag into a gift bag.  Let your child color pictures on them for the recipient.
  • Turn the bag upside down and make it into a puppet.  Or, as a craft idea, put all of the tools that your child will need to make the puppet for him or herself inside.  If you want to make this a portable craft for while on a trip or waiting at the doctor’s office, use peel and stick eyes or tape to make it mess free. 
  • Instead of purchasing expensive wrapping paper, buy craft bags at your local craft or art store.  Pull out stamps or seasonal stickers to dress them up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment