August 18, 2011

Tip of the day—Using free collage prints for scrapbooking

As I told you recently, I’m not all that crafty.  I can appreciate a good craft and enjoy shopping craft shows, but I don’t prioritize crafting in my weekly schedule.  Scrapbooking is the same way.  While I keep meaning to put some time and work into scrapbooking our daughter’s mementos and photos, all of the sudden she’s 5 1/2 and I haven’t done much to accomplish that goal.  I decided to let Walgreens help me, and each time I see a FREE 8x10 photo collage (use code PRINTONE through August 20th), I’ll print a collage page with some of the favorite photos of her over the years.  I’ll add those to clear sleeves and put them in 3 ring binders (an idea I learned from Reluctant Entertainer years ago) and start adding her art work and other special things to those.  I already have a little story of each year of her life, detailing her favorite and least favorite things from those times in her life.  This will be added to the binders and make them feel more like a little book.  We’ll see how it goes! 

Do you scrapbook?  If so, do you have any special tips to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment