September 4, 2011

Tip of the day—Have a purge session

Now is a good time of the year to have a little purge session with the various rooms in your home. 

Hubby currently has Sirius radio for free in his car, and I have been driving it the last couple of days.  I was so inspired by one Martha Stewart radio show that talked about organizing your home office.  The organizer said that on average it takes people a full 24 hours to really get the office organized and cleaned.  She said to plan on breaking that job into multiple days worth of work so that you don’t become overwhelmed.  I was so jazzed up by the show that I came home, set the timer for 1 hour and 15 minutes and started work.  When the timer went off, I had 7 shelves cleaned out, 1 bag of books to bring to McKay’s to resell, and 5 bags of things to bring to the church to donate to the fall bazaar. 

Yesterday I listened to the same station where an author was talking about purging in the closet.  She encouraged readers by saying that it is time to give away the clothes that aren’t working for you.  She said that not only does this lift a weight off of your shoulders but it also will make your morning dressing routine so much easier.  Maybe I’ll tackle the closets next…

As the weather cools, it is a nice time to plan a yard sale.  Maybe your purging will pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment