September 16, 2011

Tip of the day—Support Local Businesses

Last night I was thrilled to be a part of the Ladies Night Out event at Faith UMC.  It was such a fun night with some fantastic local businesses and crafters represented!  At the show I took care of a good chunk of my Christmas shopping, and I was so happy to buy from people who put so much thought and love into their work. 

The event led me to reflect on how important it is to support local businesses.  These people are our neighbors and friends.  They give generously back to the communities in which they live and are working to support their families.  By supporting locally owned businesses, more of the money you spend stays in the community in which you live thereby benefitting you and your neighbors more than a company that is based out of state or out of the country. 

This year as you are making your Christmas list and shopping for birthdays and other gifts, I encourage you to first shop locally.  If you are looking for some fantastic people to support, be sure to look at my post about Ladies Night Out.  Many of the vendors are keeping their shows open, and even if you don’t buy now, I know they would appreciate your business in the future. 

Have a marvelous day!  I’ll not be posting much today as it will be a busy one for me.  I’ll update the blog soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment