October 29, 2011

Blogging

Years ago when I started blogging, I felt like God was leading me to it.  I held my first coupon class at the church entitled Couponing in Critical Times in April of 2009, never thinking that I would hold another, much less blog.  Hubby had popped a blog up online as a way to give attendees of the workshop more information, and when my now friend Isha signed up as a follower, I thought I should get to writing.  In the last couple of years this blog has been such a blessing.  I’ve written through good times and bad.  I’ve felt like I’ve been able to offer some of you steps that you could take to lower your grocery budget, reduce waste, and to be a better steward of the resources you have.  Many of you have written me sweet notes and left me kind comments.  Some of you have become friends. 

In the last few months, I’ve been wondering about the blog.  As our family life has become busier, I’ve noticed myself wondering how to balance everything.  I’ve gone back to my tried and true tools—making lists, getting organized, saying no when I can’t do something.  There have been times that I’ve wondered about scaling back, and as you can see by the frequency of my posts, I’ve done that.  Yet, I’ve not noticed much of a change in my stress level.

Last night on my drive home, I was listening to the radio and heard an author talking about balance in family life.  She talked about how important it is to eliminate some things so that you have time in your life to focus on what is really important to you.  It was as if God was talking to me, and I had a sense of peace come over me as I realized that I needed to do that with blogging.  I’ve talked this over with my husband, and this is what I’ve decided to do at this point.  I’m going to take a hiatus from this blog.  I’ll be linking to some deals on Facebook and posting a few things there, mainly because it is much easier for me to do that and not take up much time.  I won’t take the blog down, as I might return to it later.  I tend to enjoy writing most when I’m inspired to share something, and I hope I’ll be at that point again. 

Thank you for your kindness, your patience, your caring comments, and your helpful tips and links over these years.  A daily conversation with you has meant more to me than you know.  I’m going to see if this is the path that God is leading me down and understand that He works in mysterious ways.  He might lead me right back to the blog or He might take me a different direction.  Only through the journey will I find the destination.

Blessings to each of you!

7 comments:

  1. We love you Gabe! But when we are in God's will, we know it :-) And, you have had a direct impact on so many peoples lives. I may have organized the Swap 2 Save Coupon Club but the whole idea was born from my visit to the coupon swap table at the Knoxville Coupon Fair...your baby!
    Blessings to you!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the break will do you go and you will come back refreshed. I enjoy reading your blog and have you listed on my blog as a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so what does that mean for the coupon fair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question about the coupon fair. I'll talk with the church and see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-( Sad to see you stop, but we understand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I am so glad to see another religious couponer! It makes me smile every time I read people saying "God lead me..." I am so glad you are paying attention to him and where he is calling you to! Definitely no bad feelings about you stopping, I loved you blog, but totally the reason to stop blogging!

    ReplyDelete