Three Rivers Market is celebrating the recent move to its new location at 1100 Central St. Commonly called “the co-op,” TRM has been a primary source of healthy and organic food for East Tennesseans for over three decades.
As a ‘thanks’ to over three thousand member-owners for their longstanding support and in celebration of the new location, the store will be hosting its first Member Discount Days from Thursday, October 13th to Sunday, October 16th. During these days, members may pick any one transaction and receive 10% off their entire purchase. As always, you do not have to be a member to shop at Three Rivers Market, but only members are eligible for the Discount Days. Additionally, members may receive an additional 10% off volume purchases of cases.
In addition to discounts for members, Three Rivers Market will have free samples and demonstrations from their local and regional vendors from 12–7 pm, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and from 10 am – 4 pm on Saturday. Customer service representatives will be on hand daily to answer questions and receive feedback and product suggestions.
- Thursday’s festivities will answer the question, “How do I get to Three Rivers Market?” Representatives from the Bike Ambassadors, Knoxville Area Transit, and East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition will be on hand from 4-7 pm to talk about alternative transportation in Knoxville. Tennessee Valley Bikes will unveil Knoxville’s first ever public Fix-It Station at 6 pm.
- From 4 – 7 pm come talk to and sample from local vendors from, including Harry’s Delicatessen, vegetable grower John Ledbetter, Mountain Water Co., and Elle Colquitt and Jon Livengood, authors of the popular Mini Adventure series.
- Friday is Family Day at Three Rivers Market. From 12–6 pm members of the University of Tennessee print club will be on site printing t-shirts. You can buy your own t-shirt or canvas tote bag, $10 and $5 respectively, or for $3, bring a t-shirt, bag or apron from home and have it printed right there. All money will go to support students in the print club traveling to a national conference in the spring.
- Swing by from 4:30 – 6:30 pm to hear live music by the Moccasin Gap Bluegrass Band while you shop. If you have questions about the produce and quality standards at Three Rivers Market, produce manager John Bohnenstiel will be available from 4 – 6 pm to answer questions and offer suggestions.
- From 4 – 7 pm, Cruze Dairy Farm will be sampling their fine milks and ice creams. Check out the expanded meat section from 4 – 7 pm to query Robert Birkholz, TRM meat manager, about the best cuts and recipes Friday’s local vendor demonstrations will include Neubert Springs Farm, JEM Farm, and—weather permitting—a corn grinding demonstration by organic farmer Jerry Baird.
- On Saturday, the store will honor the three institutional lenders and over seventy member lenders who helped Three Rivers Market make the move to the North Central St. location.
- From 10 am to 4 pm, you can talk health and beauty with Tennessee’s own Thousand Hills Bath Co. and Lilian Skin Care and sample the fine wares of Magpies Bakery and Big S. Farms.
- Once again, meat manager, Robert Birkholz, will be available to explain about TRM quality standards and vendors. In addition to samples and demonstrations from local vendors, select area businesses in the Downtown North and Happy Holler districts will also be offering discounts to TRM customers on Saturday.
Members of Three Rivers Market’s board of directors will be available from 5 – 7 pm to help shuttle groceries to your car and to answer questions about Three Rivers Market.
- Sunday will highlight the cooperative principles that govern cooperative businesses like TRM. Come take a free tour at 2 pm and learn the cooperative principles and about the many green features of the new location.
- Hazel & Co, and members of Timberlake Farm Co-op will be in the store from 4 – 7 pm sampling their products. Sunday evening there will be a small celebration for Three Rivers Market members at the Public House from 7 – 11 pm.