I decided to post the meal plans a little differently this week.
- Yogurt milkshakes—organic plain yogurt, a bit of organic milk, frozen berries from what we picked and preserved last year, a bit of juice or honey to sweeten it if needed
- Boiled eggs and toast with jam
- Leftover biscuits and cake donuts from Sunday morning. I used coconut oil in my biscuits this time, and they were fantastic. I’ll add fruit to the side to make it slightly healthier.
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Leftovers whenever possible
- Peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and banana sandwiches
- Egg and caper salad sandwiches or egg and caper and crackers
- Sliced chicken sandwiches, using leftover roasted chicken
- Ants on a log
- If at home, we might make grilled cheese or cheese toast
Lunches are usually served with fruit (berries from the freezer, canned mandarin oranges, bananas, and/or home canned peaches or pears) and vegetables (radishes, blanched asparagus, some sort of leftover veggies, carrots, and/or celery). We also have homemade popcorn and Snyder’s pretzels (Kroger Mega Event sale and coupon) if desired.
- Roasted chicken with confetti rice. I’ll use some leftover veggies that a friend gave me after a Pampered Chef party with peas from the freezer and asparagus, broccoli and green onions from the garden mixed with a bit of olive oil and brown rice.
- Garden Vegetable Soup made with the bones of the chicken mentioned above to make the broth. I’ll serve it with homemade bread.
- Pasta and Sauce—one of Hubby’s specialties
- Fish. I’ll serve fish two nights this week. One night we’ll go with tilapia and another we’ll go with cod. I just found out that a friend’s dad is raising tilapia, and while not ready to sell them yet, I’m hoping to have a local source for them in the near future. I’ll serve the fish with baked potatoes and asparagus one night and the other I’ll serve green beans, corn from the freezer (I preserved last year) and pickled beets.
- One night will be Kid Konnection, the children’s program at church where I prepare the meal for 15-35 kids and adults. I think this week we’ll have salads and see how that goes over.
- One night this week we’ll have leftovers either from the fridge or freezer.