May 24, 2012

Stir Fried Bok Choy

The garden is FULL of bok choy right now, and this is one of my new favorite treats.  I even like it cold!

Note that this recipe is quite loose.  If it doesn’t look like it has enough sauce, add a little more.  If you don’t have as much bok choy, adjust the amount of sauce down or serve over rice to soak up the extra sauce.  Cooking doesn’t have to be tough—feel free to experiment, adding other seasonings if you like.  I think that this would be fantastic with some red hot peppers cooked into it.  Yummy to my tummy!

DSC_7659 Ingredients

Bok Choy (I used about 6 small heads thoroughly cleaned and pulled apart with just the bottoms trimmed off)
Soy Sauce (for that amount, I used 1/2 cup Kikkoman)
Ginger (I used 1/2 teaspoon dried, but fresh would be oh so good)
Garlic (I used a clove, optional)
Coconut Oil (I used a little under a tablespoon)
Toasted Sesame Seed garnish (optional)

1.  Heat coconut in a heavy pan or wok on high heat but don’t let it reach the smoking point. 
2.  Begin the very quick stir fry with the garlic followed almost immediately by the bok choy. 
3.  As you stir the vegetable, add the soy sauce that has already been mixed with the ginger powder or fresh ginger.
4.  Cook just until the leaves start to become tender but the ribs are still crisp. 
5.  Plate and garnish with the sesame seeds if desired.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment