September 1, 2014

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins

muffins

I tried a few recipes before I came up with this one for pumpkin muffins.  Most of the recipes I found in my cookbooks or on the internet came out heavy or tasteless, so I tweaked them and came up with the one listed below.  This one uses mostly wholesome ingredients and was still light and yummy.   I hope you enjoy them as much as we have!

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins

2 cups whole wheat flour (I use soft whole wheat)
1 t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 t. ground cinnamon
½ t. ground ginger
¼ t. ground cloves
¼ t. ground nutmeg
¾ c. packed brown sugar
¼ c. molasses
¼ c. coconut oil
2 eggs
1 c. canned pumpkin
¾ c. buttermilk (I use Cruze Farm buttermilk)

Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl. Mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Mix dry and wet together. Fill greased muffin cups about ¾ full and bake at 400 degrees for approx 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment